It's critical for small businesses to stay ahead of the game when it comes to technology. However, a surprising amount of business owners feel it isn't a topic of concern. A recent survey found that only 35% of almost 700 small business owners stated that being updated on current technology trends was important.Stay Updated, Not Outdated
There are numerous downfalls associated with a lack of technological adaptation. When your business falls behind in technology, you risk:
1. Missing Opportunities with Current or Potential Clients
There are over 3 billion people utilizing the Internet each day. If you disregard the importance of an online presence, you run the risk of losing potential customers. If your company does not invest in the latest technology, such as newer computers, video conferencing equipment, etc. chances are you will miss out on opportunities to interact with your current and potential clients.
2. Company Disorganization and Inefficiency
Tools such as advanced operating systems and content management systems, as well as cloud-based services are all designed to help a business remain organized. Not having proper systems and services in place makes for a hectic work environment for management and employees.
3. Security Issues
With updated technology comes the need for updated security protocols. This makes it critical for any business to know and understand the technology necessary for ensuring their private information is protected as time progresses.
Here are a few things you can do on your own to stay up to date on current technology trends:
- Pay attention to the latest tech news on television, radio, and online
- Check your online feeds (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Watch what the trendsetters are doing (Apple, Google, Microsoft, etc.)
- Seek out resources like technology consultants to ensure that you're making the best possible technical decisions for your business
Don't let your company fall behind. Stay updated on the latest technology trends and keep your business moving forward!