How to Prevent Phishing Attacks
Phishing is the fraudulent practice of communication with users through seemingly reputable companies to persuade them to reveal sensitive information such as credit card numbers, passwords, etc. Phishing attacks are one of the most common security threats to businesses, and hackers are using emails, social media, phone calls, and any other form of communication they can to steal your data. Here are some steps you can take to ensure data security for you and your business.Stay updated on the latest phishing strategies.
Technology is always changing in this digital age, so it's critical to adapt to the most current cyber-attack strategies. Various phishing techniques can include:
- A link embedded in an email that takes the user to an unsecured website requesting private information
- A Trojan virus installed in an email attachment or advertisement that allows a hacker to exploit weaknesses and steal sensitive data
- An email that appears to come from a reputable source requesting confidential information
- A phone call in which the caller attempts to gain company information by impersonating a reputable source
You can protect your company by:
- Installing a spam filter that exposes viruses and other malicious content
- Keeping all your systems up-to-date with the most current security updates
- Installing and continuously updating and monitoring anti-virus software
- Developing complex company passwords and changing them on a regular basis
- Encrypting all private company data
Although you cannot prevent all cyber attacks, it's beneficial to understand the many forms in which they will come. It's equally important to communicate with your employees the types of attacks they may face, the risks associated, and how they can appropriately handle them. This way, you and your employees are better prepared to combat any attacks that come your way and ensure your company's privacy.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.